ctdb client hangs starting a transaction on a persistent database after another node's crash

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Tue Feb 5 14:15:54 MST 2013

Hi Maxim,

the "ctdb pstore" command uses a legacy mechanism for accessing the
persistent tdbs that should not be used any more. The persistent
database code has been rewritten to be more robust in 2009.
The downside is that the persistent database implementation does
currently only exist completely in the samba-ctdb client code, not
in ctdb's own client code. The old client code is still there
inside ctdb, but apparently it is not a good idea to use it.

In samba, there is the command dbwrap_tool that you can use
to (correctly) access the databases. If not all required record
data types are supported yet, that can be extended.

I guess we should simply remove the ctdb pstore command.

Cheers - Michael