Should the master branch torture tests take account of W2K08 behavior as well as W2K12 behavior

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 11:20:26 MST 2013

Hi folks,

Based on my testing of the Windows 8 Beta, it seems that the behavior
of the SMB2 implementation has changed between these versions.

However, companies run the master branch smbtorture tests against the
version of Samba 3 that they ship, but it leads to confusion if tests
fail.

So, I think it would be good to have it take account of things. Here I
am principally thinking of the differences in the related test that I
sent out a patch about a few days ago.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe