Samba 4 Domain Member - problem

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Fri Dec 20 10:58:31 MST 2013

Hi Carlos,

> Our domain is based entirely Windows Server 2008R2.
>
> I don't know really your question.
>
> Is necessary that domain users have a uidNumbers?? Where I can see this
> numbers??

it is not necessary to have uidnumber and gidnumber in your ad, although
it may be better to have them from my experience. However, the
configuration you are using specify the UID/SID mapping using rfc2307
recommandation, that use the ldap attribute uidnumber and gidnumber.

So in your case, you want to use a SID/UID mapping based on RID (the
ending part of the SID, which is different for every users of the same
domain). So your configuration may have some lines like :

         idmap config MYDOMAIN : backend     = rid
         idmap config MYDOMAIN : range       = 10000 - 49999

RID idmap configuration has changed with almost every release of samba
in the last few years, so you should look at which version you have to
get the right syntax using rid mapping backend.

Hope this help

Denis

--
Denis Cardon