Samba 4 Domain Member - problem

Carlos Miguel Bustillo Rdguez cbustillo at uclv.edu.cu
Thu Dec 19 16:12:54 MST 2013

Hello list:

Recently I join my Samba 4.1.3 (from Sernet packages in Debian Wheezy)
to my Microsoft Windows 2008R2 Domain as member server.

I following the steps in
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba/Domain_Member

Initially all worked perfectly, but later I note that some user in my
MSAD don't appear when I use "id" command:
# id joe
id: joe: No such user

These are the result from "testparm" command:
rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
Processing section "[pkt]"
Processing section "[test]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

[global]
     workgroup = MYDOMAIN
     realm = MYDOMAIN.COM
     security = ADS
     winbind enum users = Yes
     winbind enum groups = Yes
     winbind use default domain = Yes
     winbind nss info = rfc2307
     idmap config MYDOMAIN:range = 500-100000
     idmap config MYDOMAIN:schema_mode = rfc2307
     idmap config MYDOMAIN:backend = ad
     idmap config *:range = 70001-80000
     idmap config * : backend = tdb
     map acl inherit = Yes
     printing = bsd
     print command = lpr -r -P'%p' %s
     lpq command = lpq -P'%p'
     lprm command = lprm -P'%p' %j
     store dos attributes = Yes
     vfs objects = acl_xattr

[pkt]
     path = /home/big
     read only = No

[test]
     path = /home/test
     read only = No

The big problem is when I add new users to the shares above (pkt and
test), they cannot login.

I think that the problem is associated with winbind and
libnss_winbind.so.2 library:

I put the necessary symbolic links in /lib64 (my hardware is x86_64),
the I ran the following to check if the libraries are activated:
#ldconfig -v | grep winbind
ldconfig: Path `/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' given more than once
ldconfig: Path `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' given more than once
     libnss_winbind.so -> libnss_winbind.so.2
     libnss_winbind.so -> libnss_winbind.so.2

I appreciate some help about it.

Regards, Carlos

La Universidad Central "Marta Abreu" de Las Villas en su 60 Aniversario. Fundada el 30 de noviembre de 1952. Visítenos en:  http://www.uclv.edu.cu
Participe en Universidad 2014, del 10 al 14 de febrero de 2014. Habana. Cuba. http://www.congresouniversidad.cu/