can I let all winbindd processes accept connections like nginx does

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Dec 17 12:26:55 MST 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:41:36PM -0500, Ira Cooper wrote:

> No... I think you took 2 things and confused them ;).
>
> 1. I never tested it.  Alas.  I wanted to, but it was down my list of things to
> do.
> 2. I did see the *potential* for improvements.  I saw the construction of the
> poll structures in the profiling I was doing, and I may have said THAT to you.
>
> But... I never could get the time to actually get the ports based backend
> tested.  Despite there being very good reasons for me to want a finished ports
> based backend, at that time.  (It would make writing something to do file
> notification based on ports, possible.)
>
> So I suspect faulty memory^W^Wmisinterpretation on your part here ;-).

Yeah, almost certainly so, sorry about that. Wouldn't be
the first time I'd misinterpreted a response, sorry :-(.

On the positive side, that means that the code might
actually work ! :-). So if anyone is running Samba
on Solaris (hi there Jiri !) and might want to test
a ports-based tevent backend, I can re-port the code
for people to play with.

Jeremy.