Some deficiencies with the Samba VFS that I think need to e rectified ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 08:09:44 MST 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 02:33:52PM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> 2. We are stitching together directories on different systems
>> separated by a WAN and need access to things like ACCESS_MASK and
>> SHARE_MODE in functions like SMB_VFS_MKDIR and some others but it is
>> not currently available, which constrains us mightily.
>
> This sounds like a cifs-proxy like thing. Or is it a file
> system that supports share modes and a "full" createfile
> call?

Never go full createfile :-)

In some sense it is a distributed file system that is starting to
support many of the required Windows semantics. See my email about the
usefulness of SHARING_VIOLATION from a couple of days ago as well.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe