Some deficiencies with the Samba VFS that I think need to e rectified ...

Tue Dec 10 14:46:49 MST 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:39:21AM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> I agree pretty much with these needs. However, one of the things that
> is motivating my grumbling is that we are making too many changes to
> Samba, which makes life difficult for us down the road.

Can you share more of your requirements and the details of
what you are doing? In the other mail today you wrote about
findings with regards to previous versions. Do your VFS
change requests have anything to do with that? I'm asking
because maybe someone on this list has good ideas how to
meet your requirements. If you need to develop in private,
then fine too.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de