Cross-compiling with 4.1 ?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 22 21:22:13 MDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-22 at 19:08 -0300, Thiago Fernandes Crepaldi wrote:
> Hello Jeremy,
>
> since 4.0.3, I've had to change my build environment for using chroot +
> qemu user emulation to compile it for arm. I had too many troubles trying
> to use cross compilers on 4.0.x, but I havent tried cross compile 4.1.x
> yet, though.

The code hasn't changed, essentially, for 4.1 compared with 4.0 in this
respect.

The primary issue, as far as I'm aware, is that the python version on
both build and target absolutely have to match, because currently the
python configure tests are run directly in the python interpreter, not
via the --cross-answers stuff (which everything else uses, or at least
everything should use).

There may well be other issues:  I don't know of anybody doing a deep
investigation into this since the initial support was added.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT                   http://catalyst.net.nz