fcntl spinlock in Linux?

Thu Aug 22 13:26:44 MDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:44:02AM -0400, Alex Korobkin wrote:
> Volker,
>
> Would it be possible that two smbd processes on a busy server are trying to
> read the list of printers and get locked?

In former versions there was a thundering herd related to
printers. Whenever something changes, every smbd raced to to
list all printers. I don't know when it got fixed exactly. I
think it's Andreas Schneider who did the fix. Andreas is
also listening on this list, so he might be able to answer
better.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de