GetInfo request failed in SMB2

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Thu Aug 22 01:23:06 MDT 2013

On 2013-08-20 at 21:27 -0700 Matthieu Patou sent off:
> I was debugging a case with my GSOC (luke) where he couldn't create
> a GPO on samba AD because the Getinfo would fails (see packet #318).
>
> Any idea on what could lead to this ?
>
> When we switched from SMB2 to SMB GPO creation started to work.
>

> Ps: attached the trace file.
> Ps2: it's always reproducible.

I saw the same yesterday and had to turn off smb2 in a productive setup because
of that. It's one of the smb2 fixes that were reported and fixed by Ralph
Wuerthner back in July already. We have it in master only, not in 4.0 or 4.1.

Everyone, please: if you see a bug in Samba file a bugzilla, ALWAYS file a
bugzilla bug so that people can merge the bug fixes to the release branches.

Björn