Network api documentation.

Marcelo Araujo araujobsdport at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 23:59:16 MDT 2013

Hello all,

Is there any documentation about how samba deal with the physical network
interface? How smbd choose the correct interface to establish the session
and transfer/receive the data? Also I'd like to understand how could be
possible to make samba get advantage of network interfaces with support of
RSS[1].

Looking the source, the only file that I saw till now with something
related with physical interface is:
samba4/source3/lib/util_sock.c

Doxygen has some description about functions inside this file, however,
would be helpful if someone with more experience in this field could share
few explanation about how it works.

My intention is start to study how to implement multi channel on smb3.

[1] http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/sb/cs-027574.htm

Thanks and best regards.
--
Marcelo Araujo