Removing the developers guide

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Aug 21 14:12:55 MDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 09:50:18PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:14:29AM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> > Stepping up to my soapbox, I would also prefer that all VFS requests
> > return NTSTATUS results :-)
>
> We could do that, sure. It changes the nature of the posix
> piece of the VFS. Given that we are far away from a clean
> posix VFS though, maybe it's time. The idea of a global
> errno is flawed anyway.

Works for me. So long as we allow easy replacement
of POSIX-style open/read/write/close and don't
make them as complex as windows internal calls then
them returning an NTSTATUS isn't such a burdon.

If we're getting radical how about removing
pathname-based calls and moving to an XXXat()
style of VFS ? :-).

Jeremy.