Scanning to folder, domain being remapped from blank to wrong domain, I want blank (I think)

Tristan Marler tristan.marler at idocz.net
Wed Aug 21 10:14:38 MDT 2013

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to get my scanner to scan to a SAMBA share on a freebsd host. The freebsd host authenticates against a SAMBA4 AD domain on another system, and does so successfully (getent passwd/group works).

However when the scanner tries to scan to the folder with user credentials I provide it, SAMBA on the freebsd host remaps the domain from [] to the hostname of the freebsd host, which isn't even close to the domain the user exists in.

[2013/08/21 09:55:51.305072, 5] auth/auth_util.c:131(make_user_info_map)
Mapped domain from [] to [FSHOST] for user [scan] from workstation [RICOHAFICIO3025]

I have no idea why it's doing this. Winbind is set to use default domain, so I think I want the domain to remain blank. Naturally the user doesn't exist and the authentication fails.

The freebsd host uses v 3.6.1

Thanks!