Removing the developers guide

Christopher R. Hertel crh at samba.org
Wed Aug 21 08:45:01 MDT 2013

On 08/21/2013 09:29 AM, David Collier-Brown wrote:
> On 08/21/2013 09:14 AM, Kai Blin wrote:
>> On 2013-08-21 14:26, David Collier-Brown wrote:
>>> A quick scan by a team member with a (symbolic) red pencil in hand might
>>> do two things:
>>> 1 - identify things that one shouldn't depends upon
>>> 2 - identify sections for a GSOC or other volunteer to update!
>>
>> Just a quick reminder that GSoC is about code, not about updating
>> outdated documentation, at least as far as the core of the project is
>> concerned. :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Kai
>>
> Indeed: I only update documentation in self-defence (;-))

Okay... I have to stick my nose in here.

I agree with Kai, particularly about how GSOC folks should and shouldn't be
put to use, but...  Documentation is central to coding.

I would argue that any given piece of code or coding project is not finished
until the documentation is complete and consistent.

So it's quite heartening to me to see people going through and reviewing the
documentation, and looking for ways to reduce the amount of documentation
without losing information.

...and updating documentation should be a pro-active thing.  :)

Chris -)-----
...who has kinda earned a right to that particular soapbox.

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org