Winbind not authenticating

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at montecarlotv.com.uy
Tue Aug 20 12:40:54 MDT 2013

Hi Rowland,

Thanks for the answer. I understood from the mail you sent before that
the uid and gid were needed for ad backend. I changed it to tdb as a
result of your post.
I haven't set anything in the AD, so there should be no gid and uid. I
thought that winbind maps the sid to uids and gids locally using a local
database, didn't know that the AD should have any extra information at all.
If you can send me the howto, I'll be very thankful so I can get this done.
Regards,