Samba4 file server status

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 10:47:27 MDT 2013

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the help. I have

winbind use default domain = yes

from the beginning. I've tried to do the steps you mention without
success. In fact, there's no tdb file at all and it's not been created
after restart of the services.
At the beginning, I've set by mistake (by ignorance) the ad backend but
I've changed it to tdb, so winbind should create the database file.
Should I specify services +smb +s3fs in the smb.conf?
This is the actual settings in the smb.conf

   workgroup = CANAL4
   password server = *
   realm = MONTECARLOTV.COM.UY
   security = ads
   idmap config * : range = 16777216-33554431
   template homedir = /disco/%U
   template shell = /sbin/nologin
   winbind use default domain = true
   winbind offline logon = false
winbind nss info = rfc2307
winbind expand groups = 2
winbind nested groups = yes
idmap config CANAL4 :schema_mode = rfc2307
idmap config CANAL4 :backend = tdb
idmap config CANAL4 :range = 100000-199999
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
;winbind separator = +
enable privileges = yes