add printer driver, failing

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Thu Aug 15 12:21:17 MDT 2013

Am 15.08.2013 19:52, schrieb Tristan Marler:
> 1) I saw those bug reports before, but I don't know if they're
> relevant as they're all 3.x bug reports, and I'm using 4.0.7

Samba 4.x is next series following 3.6. So it's possible that the bug
isn't fixed yet.

> 2) I'm trying x86 and x64 drivers, PCL6 drivers. Trying to work with
 > "Ricoh Aficio 3025" and "HP Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP" for devices.

I quickly tried the Ricoh on my test system (x86 driver) uploading from
W7 64-Bit. After the upload Windows says "Unable to install RICOH Aficio
3025 PCL 6, Type 3 - User Mode, x86 driver. Operation could not be
completed (error 0x0000001f)." And in the logs I see the "level 8"
message too. Is this what you are also getting? Then I can confirm your
problem.

I suggest to create a level 10 debug log file from the uploading process
and append it to the bug report and add some notes, that you are using
Samba 4.

I saw, that Ricoh provides other drivers too, including an universal
driver. Maybe you can switch to one of that as temporary workaround.

Regards,
Marc