Samba4 file server status

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 08:06:20 MDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 4:51 AM, Juan Pablo Lorier <jplorier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Volker,

I'm not Volker ...

> I've collected as much info from the thousand howtos with all kind of
> versions in the web and made the configuration bellow but I can't log in
> to the share as it keeps asking for credentials:

There are several possible reasons for this. Did you join a domain? If
so, is winbindd running? If not, then you might have screwed something
else up.

Getting a log from the session (Samba log) at level 10 might help
figure out why. You will have to wade through a lot of stuff, however.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe