Samba4 file server status

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at debian.org
Tue Aug 13 14:24:07 MDT 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 05:15:34PM -0300, Juan Pablo Lorier wrote:
> I'm setting up a samba file server with samba 3.6 and I'm having trouble
> authenticating against an 2003 AD DC and I was wondering what is the
> status of the file server status in samba 4 so I can use it instead of
> samba 3.
What do you mean exactly when you say "the Samba 4 file server"? Are
you disabling s3fs and explicitly switching to the ntvfs server?

The file server that is used by default in Samba 4.0 is derived
from the file server in Samba 3.0. What was originally called the
Samba 4 file server is not used by default.

Cheers,

Jelmer