Winbind using 100% CPU

Nimrod Sapir nimrods at il.ibm.com
Mon Aug 12 07:12:06 MDT 2013

Jim McDonough <jmcd <at> samba.org> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Dylan Klomparens
> <dylan.klomparens <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > The patch has exposed the problem. I've attached the output from winbind.
> > Please let me know if you need additional information!
> Wow, that's quick.  Any other clues, like what was going on on the
> system then?  what was causing winbind to do work?  How many trusted
> domains?
>

> > -- Dylan

I seem to have the exact same problem in my environment - I have three
domains, and it seems that at some point multiple winbindd instances go into
infinite loop in the same location in winbindd_dual, because of duplication
in the winbindd_child list:

(gdb) print winbindd_children
$1 = (struct winbindd_child *) 0x74bb58
(gdb) print winbindd_children->next
$2 = (struct winbindd_child *) 0x74bb58

Is there any progress of investigating it? I will keep my logs/core dumps
and provide them if needed.

Thanks!
Nimrod