I want to send an RPC to the DC using the machine account credentials ... where do I start?

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 12:41:18 MDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 12:47:26PM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> I am wanting to call various RPCs against the DC(s) but using the
>> machine account creds.
>
> Are you going to use rpcclient, net or another command? Or
> do you want to do that with custom code?

Well, for the moment I solved my problem with smbrun_no_sanitize and
calling rpccliient and parsing the output.

However, that has some deficiencies, so I may need to go down the
serious coding path.

> smblclient has [-P|--machine-pass] as an option. The
> relevant code is:
>
> if (get_cmdline_auth_info_use_machine_account(auth_info) &&
>     !set_cmdline_auth_info_machine_account_creds(auth_info))
> {
>         exit(-1);
> }
>
> in client.c. I did not find that in rpcclient.c with a quick
> glance, but that might give you a hint.

Yeah. Thanks, I found that. Will need to understand it more before
trying to use it.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe