We created a krb5.conf but then did not use it?

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 10:13:09 MDT 2013

Hi folks,

We have hit an interesting situation with Samba 3.6.x where net ads
join -k is failing.

We managed to create a krb5.conf.DOM with the locations of the KDCs in
that realm.

However, when kerberos_kinit_password was called, it seemed to send a
DNS request for _kerberos._UDP.<realm> anyway, and got back 230 KDC

The code then started going through them randomly, it seems (and they
were not sorted by locality either) and because they seem to block
off-site auth traffic, we could not authenticate..

The version of Kerberos being used is Heimdal 1.0 by the look of things.

Has anyone seen this>

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe