samba with openldap provisioning

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 1 17:15:44 MDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-01 at 12:53 +0300, Nadezhda Ivanova wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> I've been trying to provision samba to use openldap backend, but have
> been unsuccessful so far, and as there are no error messages, I am not
> sure if I am doing something wrong or it is a bug introduced after
> development was discontinued. The howto has been removed from the
> wiki. I have a working installation of OpenLDAP - installed but not
> running (running or not, it seems to make no difference). I was unable
> to find if some special openldap configuration was needed, so I only
> have one database configured for my domain.
>
> This is my command line:
>
> /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307
> --realm=nadya.com --domain=testdomain --host-name=drizzit
> --host-ip=127.0.0.1 --adminpass=Secret123 --root=root
> --server-role="domain controller" --ldapadminpass=secret
> --ldap-backend-type=openldap -d 7

Try reverting 2b50e8c534872117e7687d643dd8a849e8c044d7 and then adding
--slapd-path=/usr/sbin/slapd

Or run:

OPENLDAP_SLAPD=/usr/sbin/slapd TEST_LDAP=yes make quicktest

> Any ideas?

Beyond that, looking over the git log for other things I may have done
to lay landmines in your path, or following the script though with some
"print" debugging might help.

I'm also very glad to help out, so keep up the mail!

Thanks, and good luck!

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT                   http://catalyst.net.nz