Working with GPO internals
dmitriy.romashkin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 13:53:10 MDT 2013
Sorry for writing here to samba-technical but have hopes that someone
here could help and clarify developing issues.
Could someone please clarify questions about how Samba4 internals
works with Group Policy Objects?
1) Can I create GPO through samba-tool for Windows without using RSAT?
In samba-tool gpo --help there is "-c <file>" option. What is this config
2) Seems like RSAT not using libgpo.so, which is builded from source3
and source4. Does this mean that libgpo.so is in developing state or
refactoring, or migrating from samba3 to samba4?
3) Should I mean that for Linux there is no GPO in general?
4) samba-tool is using gpo.py. gpo.py using policy.so (2 functions from 3).
policy.so using libsamba-policy.so (33 functions). Those 33 functions
represent kind of API. Does Samba team plan to use those functions
of Samba server?
5) Where utility oLschema2ldif is using directly in Samba?
It would be nice if someone could clarify those moments.
More information about the samba-technical