ldap base transfer (not samba3 + ldap) in samba4

Alexandr Kuznecov pikachu937 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 08:23:23 MDT 2013

ldap base transfer (not samba3 + ldap) in samba4
Good afternoon dear team of the SAMBA developers. Your help is necessary to
me. I have ldap the server on which the accounts linux of users, not are
stored by samba3. structure such:
dn: UID=test, OU=progs, DC=exam, DC=tt
uid: test
cn: test
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
shadowLastChange: 14872
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
loginShell: / bin/bash
uidNumber: 1009
homeDirectory: / home/test
gecos: test
gidNumber: 1003
userPassword: YpmjVOVuGQhYTjl7pSv1id0+PMJpemhFQ2RCQ2JuV0o {SSHA} =
or such:
dn: UID=test1, OU=progs, DC=exam, DC=tt
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: posixAccount
sn: test1
givenName: test1
homeDirectory: / home/test1
loginShell: / bin/bash
uid: test1
cn: test1
uidNumber: 1901
gidNumber: 1003
userPassword: YpmjVOVuGQhYTjl7pSv1id0+PMJpemhFQ2RCQ2JuV0o {SSHA} =
I want to transfer these users to samba4 and in a consequence using
ldap-client on linux systems as to use these accounts. Transfer comes to
the end without mistakes using.ldif files and programs with which it is
possible to make export/import to ldap. But there is a problem: at
authorization the system tells me that the password isn't right. getent
passwd shows the list of users, so the system distinguishes them. if I by
means of the control panel from microsoft on the Active Directory control
change the password, the user can become authorized and work. I would
accept also such option, BUT! I have 695 users and to everyone to change
the password and then to recustomize all connections will take a lot of
time and heavy losses in connection with impossibility of users to perform
the work. I so understand that in this case a problem that KDC doesn't know
how the password is ciphered, but I can be mistaken. I know that on old
ldap the server passwords of users are stored in "userPassword:  ".  Here I
also ask your help help to transfer all users with server ldap to samba4 so
that they could work without change of passwords.  SAMBA4 acts as AD DC.
Thanks for found time and I hope for your help.
Yours faithfully Alexandr