GSoC -- Possible projects

Venkateswararao Jujjuri jvrao at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 25 18:26:20 MDT 2013

http://nfsv4bat.org/Documents/ConnectAThon/2013/NewGenerationofTesting-v2.pdf

Venkateswararao Jujjuri (JV)
IBM Master Inventor
TL - NFS-Ganesha  Filesystems
LTC, Beaverton, OR

From:
Steve French <smfrench at gmail.com>
To:
David Disseldorp <ddiss at suse.de>,
Cc:
Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel at gmail.com>,
samba-technical at lists.samba.org, linux-cifs at vger.kernel.org
Date:
04/25/2013 11:30 AM
Re: GSoC -- Possible projects

Also FYI - Trond mentioned a much improved Linux nfs stats gathering
tool last week (during the Linux File System Summit) - I think it was
NFSometer (not certain).  See

http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/NFSometer

Would be useful to check on this. The linux nfs git tools repositories
or linux-nfs mailing list might have more info.  Presumably better
than iostat and nfsstat which are also worth examining to see if
similar could be done for cifs/smb2/smb3 kernel stats.

http://oss.sgi.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pcp/pcp.git;a=blob;f=src/pmdas/samba/pmdasamba.pl;hb=refs/heads/master

https://git.samba.org/?p=ctdb.git;a=blob;f=utils/pmda/pmda_ctdb.c;hb=HEAD

--
Thanks,