Installation problem with 3.0.20

ULStudent:CHIBUZOR.OKOYE 12078522 at studentmail.ul.ie
Mon Apr 22 05:01:17 MDT 2013

Hi,
I am a student of Network security Engineering at the University of Limerick. I am working on a project that involves fixing vulnerabillity on some ubuntu services. I looked at metasploitable and want to replicate it on my server.
The problem is that after downloading the 3.0.20.tar and unzipping whne I type ./configure to install I get an error "./configure:line 3215:syntax error near unexpected token';'
I know this might not be a samba issue but please help
Regards
Chibuzor