[RFC] Discontinuing SWAT

Dhananjay Sathe dhananjaysathe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 09:38:23 MDT 2013

+1

As for some suggestions parsing smb.conf makes little sense, the rpc python
bindings are there , a load of stuff has been exposed in samba-gtk and
SWAT2 ( perhaps build on this and have a common sort of api going for
managing tasks , gtk3 and *your web framework here* could use this common
base (easier to debug and maintain)) and it could be good to go. The
bindings should be the key focus, there are about a *handful* of
additions/bugs that could be fixed and you would have most of the basic
functionality (I would estimate 50-60 % of usecases) required by the
average user exposed .

Cheers !

Final Yr Undergraduate , BITS Pilani, Goa.
Research Assistant , RoboEarth Project
Institute for Dynamic Systems and Control,
ETH Zürich, Switzerland.
dhananjaysathe at gmail.com |  f2009260 at goa.bits-pilani.ac.in |
dsathe at ethz.ch| +41 76-710-2202