WARNING to those running Samba on OpenIndiana or other Illumos based systems with > 16 groups

Wed Apr 24 00:24:32 MDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:31:20AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Just a heads-up, because this bug took me absolutely ages to chase down,
> and I want to save others the same pain.

Yep, same here. A customer ran into this and we stared at
that for ages. Björn Jacke figured this out together with
someone from Oracle. It is a Solaris issue as well, fixed
with current Solaris patchsets.

It's one of the very, very rare cases where we actually have
a kernel bug.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de