OpenLDAP and Samba4

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Mon Apr 22 05:27:32 MDT 2013

On Monday 22 April 2013 13:16:18 Volker Lendecke wrote:

> > > This is code-mongering, fidley, but doable. We can do this if we have
> > > the cooperation of the OpenLDAP coders.
> >
> > JFYI: I've created a version of the socket_wrapper library you can
> > LD_PRELOAD. I wanted to be able to use it in other projects with daemons
> > I don't build.
> >
> > Code:
> >
> > http://git.cryptomilk.org/projects/socket_wrapper.git/
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > http://git.cryptomilk.org/projects/socket_wrapper.git/tree/example/openssh
> > .sh
> Is it possible to run the full Samba autobuild cycle with
> this and a Samba version compiled without the socket
> wrapper?

Yes, it should be. I haven't had the time to change 'selftest' to use this
version with LD_PRELOAD.

You just need to make sure all executeables are started with this. Maybe it is
enough to just set it once in selftest and it will just work.

I need to make uid wrapper and nss wrapper LD_PRELOADable too. Maybe I can do
it during SambaXP.

Cheers,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org