CMAC moving to crypto

Tom Talpey ttalpey at microsoft.com
Sun Apr 21 15:17:36 MDT 2013

As I'm sure you know, the SMB3 dialect uses AES-CMAC-128 for message signing, so access to the native support of newer processors would benefit Linux SMB3 peers greatly, as it does currently on Windows. Good to see.

Is AES CCM encryption also supported or planned? Because CCM provides integrity, CMAC signing is bypassed for SMB3 encrypted messages.

Tom.