samba4 domain problem

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 17:53:55 MDT 2013

Sorry, but we will need a bit more information, first off, what does ls
-alh /var/lib/samba/private/named.conf.update look like? Next, which samba
version are you running (samba -V), and finally, can you please provide us
with the [global] section of your smb.conf? Again, sorry for asking, but
with what you have given us to go with, there are several possible answers.
Oh, and I just thought, which user does named run as? ( cat /etc/passwd |
grep "named\|bind" ).

Ricky