OpenLDAP and Samba4

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Wed Apr 17 15:58:29 MDT 2013

Hey there list, Andrew... I keep meaning to have this discussion with Andrew
and then it always slips by, but this time for sure.

I'll keep this short - my colleagues at Symas want to know what it will take
to bring OpenLDAP up to date to be usable directly by Samba as a first-class
recommended option, not just "yeah that should work but..." I've reviewed some
of the previous discussions on this topic in the archives, but I suspect some
of those points are now out of date.

I recall that we need to implement LDAP Transaction support, but of course
that's just one of many missing features. Also, are there developers on the
Samba team who can spend some time with us to make sure that what we write
actually fits with how Samba uses things?
--
   -- Howard Chu