Backend documentation?

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 15:47:49 MDT 2013

Hello,

I’m new here, I’m an OS X system administrator and also a developer. I currently try to understand how Samba work to integrate a 3.x branch with the Apple OpenDirectory.

Since Apple has drop their support of Samba, we haven’t any way to support Windows domain emulation. I’ve reverse the Apple PasswordService protocol and I should be able to check a SMB-NT challenge (or even NTLM hash) against it if I can get one.

So, I’m wondering, where can I find some documentation / example / source code in the source tree about Samba backend? Do you have any documentation about how to write your own Samba backend? Or for example, which source file of existing backend are simple enough to be taken as a sample code?

Best regards,
Yoann