Windows servers with NTFS allow the SHARING_VIOLATION delay to be switched off

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 11:32:54 MDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher
> <metze at samba.org> wrote:
>> Am 12.04.2013 17:51, schrieb Richard Sharpe:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> In researching the issue of the 1 second sharing violation delay I found this:
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/150384
>>
>> For SMB2 it's always off on windows...
>
> How interesting.
>
> Also, while reading the code I noticed that there is the 'defer
> sharing violation' parameter that can be used to switch this off.

Hmmm, since this test is deep in the open code, doesn't that mean that
Samba's SMB2 implementation suffers from this problem?

We should hoist the test to a level where the SMB2 code is not
affected or have protocol dependent parameters, it seems.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe