two different versions of samba4 on different DC

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 12:56:52 MDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 2:37 PM, David Mansfield <samba at dm.cobite.com> wrote:
> Is it safe to run two DC in the same domain with different samba4 versions?
> My primary is running 4.0.1 (I'm still not sure what the recommended upgrade
> path is to the latest... or even if there is a safe upgrade path) and I'd
> like to set up another DC with the latest version 4.0.4.
>
> In general, what is the upgrade strategy (software version wise) once there
> are multiple samba4 DC in the domain?

Generally speaking, there shouldn't be any problems between two
versions that have the same minor version (the scheme is
major.minor.patchLevel).  Also generally speaking, it is a good idea
to have your software as consistent as possible.  Upgrading from 4.0.x
to 4.0.y should be a safe upgrade.  Upgrading from 4.x to 4.y might
have some caveats (ie, options that have been added or removed since
the last minor version).

--
Peace and Blessings,
-Scott.