IMAP server with Samba4 authentication

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sun Apr 7 10:50:37 MDT 2013

Hello,

Am 07.04.2013 17:02, schrieb Zbigniew Góra:
> Is it possible to setup mail server, something like postfix+fetchmail+IMAP
> (dovecot or courier for Outlook clients) with Samba4 users authentication?

I setup this in my company and works fine (postfix/cyrus accessed
through Thunderbird).

Because I don't want to have a full samba/Windows server in my DMZ, I
also configured openLDAP to work as a proxy to my internal DC.

See http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/beyond for all about that stuff.

If you have problems, with the howto, let me know. Then I'll try to
extend it, if information are missing.

Regards,
Marc