[ceph-users] CTDB Cluster Samba on Cephfs

Thu Apr 4 00:08:04 MDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 03:53:58PM -0500, Sam Lang wrote:
> Just to let folks know, we have a ceph vfs driver for samba that we
> are testing out now.  We're planning to resolve a few of the bugs that
> we're seeing presently with smbtorture, and send a pull request to the
> samba repo.  If anyone wants to help with testing, let us know.  The
> changes currently reside in the ceph branch of
> http://github.com/ceph/samba.

The comments indicate that ceph is completely userspace. It
might be interesting to look at the aio functions like
pread_send/recv and pwrite_send/recv. In particular for
large data transfers over SMB2 those might give a
performance boost.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de