[ceph-users] CTDB Cluster Samba on Cephfs

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Apr 3 22:00:31 MDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 09:44:35PM -0400, Simo wrote:

> Should we forcibly compile out dirfd() usage until 4.1.x then ?

Nope, I wouldn't do that as it 'mostly' works (I only
know of one othe VFS module that broke because of
this and I just wrote a fix for it).

Most modules don't return their own structures in
place of a DIR *. So for now, let me look at the ceph
library code - it might be possible to return a DIR *
struct as a talloc child of the ceph directory struct,
then look it up using talloc_parent(). There are other
ways around this in 4.0.x, although they're all clunky.

I'll look at fixing this properly for 4.1.x by adding
SMB_VFS_DIRFD() and changing all uses of the DIR * to
something like SMB_DIR *.

Jeremy.