lock directory

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 28 04:42:47 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 12:23 +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> while comparing the testparm output of Samba 3.6.8 and v4-0-test, I
> noticed the following:
>
> -       lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
> +       lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/lock
>
> I guess that is not intentionally, right?

Actually, it was.

With Samba 4.0 we were trying to move our defaults to long-term match
FHS styles (like the similar change with etc/smb.conf).  The lock
directory contains files that do not need to survive a restart, so it is
safe.

However, the default state directory is unchanged, because it does
contain long-term tdb files we really do not wish to re-create.