Did anybody test smbclient4 against smbd4 using SMB2

Jun Yi yi.jun.mail at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:43:12 MDT 2012

Thanks Andrew,

Let's first clarify the version I used. I use the master branch, e.g.,
version 4.1.0, for both client and server sides.

I run smbclient4 at the client side:
junyij at junyij] ./smbclient4
-V

    Version 4.1.0pre1-DEVELOPERBUILD
junyij at junyij] ./smbclient4 -m SMB2 -W smb-workgroup -U junyij
//localhost/share1

Connection to \\localhost\share1 failed - NT_STATUS_REVISION_MISMATCH

I run sbmd at the server side with configuration file /etc/samba/smb.conf
junyij at junyij] sudo ./smbd
-V

    Version 4.1.0pre1-DEVELOPERBUILD
sudo ./smbd -s /etc/samba/smb.conf -d 10 -l smbd-4
junyij at junyij] cat
/etc/samba/smb.conf

[global]
workgroup = smb-workgroup
max protocol = SMB2
min protocol = SMB2
[share1]
path = /tmp

The generated  log file ./smbd-4/log.smbd and the captured txt file (using
filter tcp.port == 445 for wireshark) are attached in this email.
Please forgive me that I used a very old wireshark which can save it as
pcap file.

Thanks and earnestly wait for your reply.

Jun