samba4 current git - provision dns IP defaults to virbr0 interface

Bob Cavey wedgeshot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:37:50 MDT 2012

Hi,

More of and FYI for folks.

Fresh install current git with a spankin new provision on RedHat 6.3 and
somehow the IP that DNS binds to wass 192.168.122.1 when I'm on a 10.3.x.x
network?  Sounds like the VM default range and sure enough libvirt was
still installed on the machine with the default interfaces up.

I even tried provisioned with setting the --host-ip argument without luck
i.e.
samba-tool domain provision --realm=blah.do --domain=blah --adminpass=yup
--server-role=dc --use-rfc2307 --hostip=10.3.x.x

netstat confirmed that 192.168.122.1:53 was listening.

Once I rebooted, wiped samba dirs, make install, re-provisioned  looking
much better now.

Cheers,
 - B