Enabling idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes on 2 DCs

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Sep 24 10:07:56 MDT 2012

On 24/09/12 17:00, Daniele Dario wrote:
  I can see only the following objectClass statements:

> objectClass: top
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: user
>
> Is it correct or am I missing something?

You are missing:
objectClass: posixAccount
uidNumber: abc
gidNumber: xyz

> If I join another DC to the domain and in it's smb.conf I add the
> idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = Yes statement would it pull the UID from the AD?
No.

> Would the UIDs be the same on both DCs?
No.

If uidNumber is not in AD to start with, then no amount of idmap_ldb:use
rfc2307 = Yes will pull it from there.

A script wrapping around samba-tool user add can add the class and
attributes easily.

Cheers,
Steve