Enabling idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes on 2 DCs

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Sep 21 09:10:54 MDT 2012

On 21/09/12 10:10, Daniele Dario wrote:

> Now if I create a new user it's UID is the same on both DCs but the
> problem is that the UIDs and GIDs of the previously created users/groups
> are not the same on the 2 DCs I guess because they were created without
> specifying idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = Yes in smb.conf.
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to fix this?

Hi
As we understand it:

idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

Means that uidNumber and gidNumber are pulled from the directory as
opposed to idmap.ldb.
For users, we added:
objectClass: posixAccount
uidNumber: abc
gidNumber: xyz

and for groups:
objectClass: posixGroup
gidNumber: xyz

I think that your old users and groups will lack these entries and so
samba will fall back to idmap to get the information for uidNumber and
gidNumber.

HTH
Steve