sysvol replication between ntvfs and s3fs

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 06:41:41 MDT 2012

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 2012-09-21 at 11:54 +0200, Michael Wood wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 21 September 2012 11:27, Daniele Dario <d.dario76 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > I'm trying to use the sync_dc script but I'm stuck at the rsync point:
> > from man rsync I see that the line
> >
> > rsync -X -A -u -a $dc_account_name\$@${dc}.${domain}:$SYSVOL $STAGING
> >
> >       * will access via remote shell (don't need rsyncd on the other
> >         side)
>
> Yes, it will use ssh.
>
> >       * will use $dc_account_name\$ as the user which has to
> >         authenticate on the ${dc}.${domain} host
> >
> > How does rsync authenticate the given account (eg. KDC01$) on the other
>
> rsync does not do the authentication.  ssh does.  So I suspect you
> will need to get Kerberos working with ssh for the above to work.

[...]

ok thanks.

I'm trying to follow some topic on the internet which tells to:

assert in ssh_config (for the client)
GSSAPIAuthentication yes
GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes
GSSAPITrustDns yes

on sshd_config enable
KerberosAuthentication yes
KerberosOrLocalPasswd yes
GSSAPIAuthentication yes
GSSAPICleanupCredentials yes

and don't use PAM.

With this config I can't get it working so please can you point me in the right direction?

Both DCs are working on Ubuntu 11.04 x86 server.

Thanks in advance,
Daniele.