named.conf no longer being created??

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 03:51:32 MDT 2012

Hi James,

On Fri, 2012-09-21 at 08:50 +0000, James H. Sunshine wrote:
> I'm new to this newsgroup, and only have 7 days history so if this topic
> has already been covered, a note to that effect is appreciated.  A
> pointer to the topic/date would be fantastic.
>
> I've been offline since around alpha22 or 24 (don't remember exactly),
> but I recently got back online and updated my repo.  I've now noticed
> that named.conf is no longer being created by the provisioning.  I can
> provide my build script, or just the provisioning line from it, should it
> be needed.  I've chosen this newsgroup since this is a technically
> specific question.
>
> If it is felt this is better placed in a different group, please let me
> know.
>
> Thanks.

a provision on a rc1 or latest git build should default to internal DNS.
I guess that with internal DNS named.conf won't be created.

If you want to use bind flatfile or dlz solutions you have to add the
--dns-backend=BIND9_FLATFILE or --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ option and I
guess that named.conf will be created by provision.

I'm not sure if this is the solution but hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniele.