Backing up samba4

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at weaubleau.k12.mo.us
Wed Sep 19 11:04:22 MDT 2012

Steve, you are correct with that, it will work fine. I think what most
people want is to not have to stop samba first though, the initial question
indicated this, if I read it correctly. There are likely things missing in
the backup script for acls and extended attributes so keep that in mind
when backing up. Both getfacl and getfattr can export all your acl/xattr
info into a file as well.

Good luck,
Ricky