Backing up samba4

Rowland Penny repenny at f2s.com
Wed Sep 19 03:51:26 MDT 2012

Hi,
I have run 'samba-4.0.0rc1/source4/scripting/bin/samba_backup' after
creating /usr/local/backups. I now have three files in
/usr/local/backups, two of these are easy to deal with, just copy their
contents back to where they come from.
The third is a bit different, samba4_private contains the backups
created by tdbbackup, these files end in .ldb.bak. If I just copy the
contents of samba4_private back into place, I will end up with, for
instance,  hklm.ldb & hklm.ldb.bak, what do I do now?
Is it just as simple as ensuring samba is not running, then deleting
hklm.ldb and renaming hklm.ldb.bak to hklm.ldb, or is there something
else I need to do.

Thanks

Rowland

believed to be clean.