Samba 4 today's GIT compile fail, Fedora 16

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Mon Sep 17 07:17:25 MDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Alexander Bokovoy <ab at samba.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Peter Clark <pclark at pclark.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I did a "make distclean, git pull, ./configure, make" this morning and
>> received:
>>
>> Checking project rules ...
>> Project rules pass
>> Waf: Leaving directory `/root/samba-master/bin'
>> find_or_declare found a source file where a build file was expected
>> 'smbdotconf/parameters.all.xml'
>> make: *** [all] Error 1
> That seems to have passed autobuild but fails on your system.
> Could you please give me more details about your system?
In particular, please send me bin/c4che/default.cache.py, bin/config.log

I tried myself right now on F18 with no issues. The version does not
matter here since manpages' build depends on xsltproc availability
rather than compiler and if you got into that error message, it means
you have xsltproc installed.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy