enabling internal DNS

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 05:18:45 MDT 2012

Hi Kai,

On Mon, 2012-09-17 at 11:15 +0200, Daniele Dario wrote:
> Hi Kai,
>
> On Mon, 2012-09-17 at 10:40 +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> > On 2012-09-17 10:05, Daniele Dario wrote:
> >
> > Hi Daniele,
> >
> > > Can you please confirm that there are no problems running internal DNS
> > > on one DC and keep using bind9+dlz on the other (until I update also
> > > that at least to RC1)?
> >
> > There _should_ be no problems, but I haven't tested this myself. I don't
> > see what could go wrong, because both implementations should run out of
> > the AD and don't need to talk to each other, so there's no reason a
> > mixed setup should behave differently to monocultures of each.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kai
> >

> I updated the secondary DC to rc1 and added the dns forwarder = IP1 IP2
> line and all seems to be OK. Tomorrow I'll update also the primary one
> and do the same job.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniele.

sorry for the noise but looking deeply in the logs I found that the
syntax for dns forwarder = IP1 IP2 is not correct.

In fact, nsupdate www.google.it tells me that the request is forwarded
to the other DC/DNS in the LAN.

I'm not able to find the right syntax to have more than one forwarder.
Can you or someone in the list tell me the right one?

Thanks,
Daniele.